Casa Om presents...
The Dance Screen
November 11, 24 and 25, 2017 | Doors open 7:15pm, Screenings at 8:00pm
December 1, 2, 8 and 16, 2017 | Doors open 7:15pm, Screenings at 8:00pm
Our house, called “Casa Om,” has always been a place of regeneration and creativity. For the past three summers, we have produced an intimate, outdoor performance series in our backyard called The Dance Deck.
We are now bringing our creative intention to the inside of our house and are launching our new project: The Dance Screen. It will be an evening presentation of dance inspired films, projected in our intimate living room setting on a 120” screen. It is intended to showcase the talent of artists and filmmakers who have taken dance as their point of departure.
This new, ongoing presentation series will premiere this November, with our first program, entitled Take 1.
The Dance Screen Take 1:
- Michael Slobodian
- Scott Fowler, Maya Tenzer & Andrew Bartee
- Karissa Barry
- Peter Smida
- Sylvain Senez & Alexis Fletcher
- Jenna Mazur
- Ted Littlemore
- Tyler McGrath & David Tenniswood featuring Gilbert Small.
Only 20 tickets will be sold per showing. Snacks and mulled wine will be provided, beyond that BYOB! All proceeds from this event will go towards supporting the future presentations of The Dance Deck summer series.
- The #20 bus route comes directly here! Get off at Commercial Drive and Napier Street.
- Please note that regular street parking guidelines will be in effect. There are meters on Commercial Drive and on the side streets. Some free parking is available on Salisbury St (one block east of Commercial). There is no parking in the back alley or in the permit parking zones.