The Faris Family Studio
A fully-equipped, black box space with retractable seating, suitable for performances, filming and other events as well as rehearsals.
Size 46 ft x 64 ft/14m x 20 m
Stage size when seats in place 46ft wide x 30 ft deep/14m wide x 9 m deep
Grid height 23 ft 9 inches/ 7 m
Ceiling height 26 ft 9 inches/ 8 m
Location: Level 1
Sprung dance floor with black Harlequin ‘Cascade’ surface
* Retractable raked seating for 154 people.
* Glassed-in control room for sound and lighting equipment; loading bay leads directly into studio via control room.
* Rentals with technical requirements must liaise with Scotiabank Dance Centre’s Technical Director (four hour minimum call).
* Small green room area and washroom backstage, with stairs linking directly to the Birmingham Studio and changing rooms/showers on Levels 3 and 4.
* Lobby outside with bar area and fridge, washrooms, payphone, elevator. Please note Scotiabank Dance Centre does not have a license for serving alcohol.
Download the Faris Family Studio Technical Rider here:
Renters, please download our Faris rental information form and return to the Technical Directors, along with any questions or special requests:
Justin Aucoin/Mark Eugester 604.606.6418 email@example.com