The Faris Family Studio
The Faris Family Studio at Scotiabank Dance Centre is a wonderful supportive space for presenting dance. Intimate and flexible, it is a purpose-built, fully-equipped black box space with retractable seating, which can be utilized in almost any configuration. Our knowledgeable, helpful staff offer specific expertise in supporting dance companies and artists, and can help you get the maximum out of your budget.
The Faris Family Studio is suitable for production rehearsals, filming, presentations and special events of all kinds, as well as performances.
Size 46 ft x 64 ft/14m x 20 m
Stage size when seats in place 46ft wide x 30 ft deep/14m wide x 9 m deep
Grid height 23 ft 9 inches/ 7 m
Ceiling height 26 ft 9 inches/ 8 m
Location: Level 1
Sprung dance floor with black Harlequin ‘Cascade’ surface
* Retractable raked seating for 154 people; maximum capacity including performances, volunteers etc is 200.
* Glassed-in control room for sound and lighting equipment; loading bay leads directly into studio via control room.
* Rentals with technical requirements must liaise with Scotiabank Dance Centre’s Technical Director (four hour minimum call).
* Green room area and washroom backstage, with stairs linking directly to the Birmingham Studio and changing rooms/showers on Levels 3 and 4.
* Lobby outside with bar area and fridge, washrooms, elevator. Please note Scotiabank Dance Centre does not have a license for serving alcohol, but renters can obtain a license and run their own bar if desired.
* Renters must manage their own ticketing.
* Limited marketing support for most public events and performances, including poster display, inclusion on website calendar, inclusion in washroom advertising throughout the building.
Download the Faris Family Studio Technical Rider here:
Renters, please download our Faris rental information form and return to the Technical Manager, along with any questions or special requests:
Shawn Sorensen 604.606.6418 email@example.com